Friday, July 11, 2014

Weekend reads and I'm reading again...

I finished a book (albeit a short one) in a single night, and I swear, I feel like I can breathe deeply again!

For the last few months, reading has taken such effort, I've avoided it, but something just switched (thankfully!) and I'm hungering for the written word once more. 

Yesterday I started and finished Annihilation by Jeff VanderMeer. It's poetic dystopian-ish sci-fi, a little psychological, a smidgen confusing, and really gripping.  I was creepied out all night, and can't wait to get my hands on the sequel.

My weekend reads is Jaime Lee Moyer's Delia's Shadow, which is a historical mystery slash ghost story. It's light and fun, and I hope to finish it today as there are books I'm ready to dig into. I feel voracious now!

What are you reading this weekend?

6 comments:

  1. Yay for having your reading chops back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you got out of your slump!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I gotta finish The Goldfinch tonight for book club. I gotta! The meeting is tomorrow and I am behind on the reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for emerging from the reading slump. It can be so frustrating, can't it?

    I'm about halfway through the forthcoming sophomore novel from Hannah Pittard and expect to finish it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's such a relief when a reading slump snaps, isn't it! I *love* historical mysteries with ghost stories, so I'll look forward to your review. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Glad to hear you're back to reading! I'm trying to catch up on reviews so each time I finish a book I don't just add it to the towering "unreviewed" pile (metaphorically speaking)!

    ReplyDelete