Friday, January 25, 2013

Weekend Reads and it is still freezing...

I'm working from home today as my office has a terrible draft and iffy heat at the moment, and it is something like negative one million outside.

It's also my wife's birthday (Happy Birthday, sweetheart!), so I got up early to make croissants (Trader Joe's rise-overnight kind, they just baked for, like, 10 minutes) and tea.  Obviously, I had to show off for this post, and I am noshing on the croissants while reading this morning before I get to work.

I'm reading A Tainted Dawn: The Great War by B.N. Peacock and after that, the second book in the Passing Bells trilogy, Circles of Time

That's an ambitious reading plan, as it is The Birthday Weekend. I'm taking my wife to a funky cute little Vietnamese fusion-y place tonight, then we're going to see Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (in 3-D which I know everyone else hates but I luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurve) sometime tomorrow.  It will be such fun!

Anyway....what are you reading this weekend??

6 comments:

  1. Long ago when I could eat REAL bread, I made those croissants. They are amazingly good. My daughter and son polish off the entire box.

    Happy Birthday to the wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your wife!

    The Passing Bells trilogy is calling my name! It sounds great!

    I am reading Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. Really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a great weekend and Happy Birthday to your wife!

    I'm finishing up The Forgotten Queen and Captain Blackwell's Prize this weekend.

    Can't wait to hear your thoughts on Circles of Time. I hope to get to that one really soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm hoping to finish up The Forgotten Queen tonight or tomorrow and start of The Ambassador's Daughter.

    I am interested in hearing what you thought of the movie. My boyfriend and I were going to go tonight, but he didn't like the reviews it got so we had an epic game night instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmm croissants, a lovely bday breakfast :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a good weekend, and hope the birthday meal was good :) Those croissants look delicious. Home-made, even if instant, beats store-bought every time.

    ReplyDelete