Friday, January 18, 2013

Weekend reads and brr...

It is freezing here in Boston, but happily, I plan to be snugged up tight and cozy this weekend.

My planned weekend read is The Death of Bees by Lisa O'Donnell, but I have to confess, I'm going to finish it today. It is so freakin' good. Seriously.  (The image is of my desk, with a cup of 'French' sipping chocolate and homemade caramel corn supplied by a considerate coworker.)

I don't know what I thought it'd be about -- the cover is so sweet and... well, now that I look at more closely, I guess 'sweet' is the wrong word.  Anyway, this book is blowing my mind, total first top ten of 2013 material.

So, after I finish it tonight (maybe even earlier, 'cuz I plan to dig in during lunch and woe be the coworker who tries to chat with me then!) I think I've got The Expats by Chris Pavone and Seven Locks by Christine Wade in the queue. If I can shake off The Death of Bees. It is stupid good.

10 comments:

  1. The book looks innocent enough but your comments make me want to read it. Have a good weekend. It was so cold here last week (27 degrees!) but this weekend it's supposed to hit 72!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stay warm and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am going to be listening to this one over the next couple of weeks, and I can't wait! It's on everyone's best of lists for the month, and it sounds like an amazing story. I am hoping that all the hype doesn't ruin it for me. Have fun this weekend, Audra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always exciting to find a winner like this so early in the year. I will have to check this one out. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All three of those items sound just great! And I seriously am in need of a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I've heard about it is good. A very unusual book but a great one nonetheless. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are in a deep freeze here, too :-(

    I'm going to have to check out The Death of Bees since I'm now curious about it.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you feel this way. I read it in a day. Enjoy the rest of it. I hope you were able to dodge your co-workers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't yet read the Book of Bees, but I really enjoyed the Expats.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, it's freezing! I'm heading south to NYC for a couple of days. I was hoping The Middlesteins would be a book I would fall in love with, but a third of the way in, it hasn't grabbed hold of me yet. The Death of Bees sounds great!

    ReplyDelete