Wednesday, December 26, 2012

2012 Reading Challenges summary

My 2012 Reading Challenges goals were kind of a big bust!  Of seventeen challenges I committed to, I only succeed in five of them!  Eeek!  Of course, has that stopped me from considering a badrillion more in 2013? NOPE.

A-to-Z (26 books) : Only made it to 'O' and I have at least one letter with an outstanding review. Ooops!

Bloomsday Readathon : Fail!  (I got the book, but didn't open it.)

Books in Translation (3 books) : Fail! Only read 1.

Clarissa Group Read : Fail! (Didn't even get the book! :/)

Dewey Decimal Challenge (5 books) : Victory!  Read 12.

E-books (25 books) : Victory! Read 29.

Edgar Awards (3 books) : Super epic fail. ZERO.

Europa Editions (2 books) : Super epic fail. ZERO.

Fearless Poetry (1 book) : Super epic fail. Zero.

Forever Amber Readalong : Fail! Bought the book though!

Gothic Fiction in October : Super epic fail.

Historical Fiction (20 books) : Super epic VICTORY!  Read 63!  Beat out last year's best, too!

Immigrant Stories (3 books) : Victory! Read 15.

NetGalley (10 books) : Victory! Read 20.

RIP VII (4 books) : Fail. ZERO.

Victorian Challenge (2 books) : Victory.  Read 5.

Witches and Witchcraft (5 books) : Fail.  Read 3.

9 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you signed up for so many challenges! I signed up for two, participated for a couple of months, then promptly forgot about them. Thus I think I won't sign up for any for 2013!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw 6 victories! That's better than my record with challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't looked at my numbers yet...trying to put that off for as long as possible :p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, that's hilarious! I love it. This is why I don't assign myself specific challenges, so I can just be like:
    I read these things: VICTORY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww :-) are you going to give Europa another try in 2013? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 8 challenges in which you didn't read one, versus 9 that you at least attempted and read something for is pretty good for the large number of challenges you joined. Congrats! I posted my wrap-up today and the poetry 2013 challenge for 2013 yesterday.

    Hope you have a great end of year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I gave up on formally signing up for reading challenges because I could never accomplish them (or then those weren't actually a challenge!), so I think you did great:-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some of these challenges sound like fun!! I am signed up for the Immigrant one already...that AtoZ sounds good...but the link back to the creator doesn't seem to work...are you doing that one again this year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Krystyn -- I was going to but also saw that the creator's webpage doesn't work so I guess not! :/

      Delete