Sunday, November 18, 2012

Mailbox Monday, Nov 19

How is it almost Thanksgiving?  I swear, just yesterday it was the middle of August.  This year is going by too fast!  The agony of time passing was lessened, however, by the insanely wonderful glut of arrivals -- many I'm going to try to squeeze into 2012, which means it'll be weeks before I can come up with my top ten.  Eeek!  This week's Mailbox Monday is being hosted at Bermudaonion -- what did you get this week?

For Review

Book cover: The Raven's Heart by Jesse Blackadder Book cover: The Beggar's Opera by Peggy Blair



Book cover: Brain on Fire by Susannah Cahalan

Book cover: Flappers, Flasks, and Foul Play by Ellen Mansoor Collier Book cover: The Ruining by Anna Collomore



Book cover: Voodoo in my Blood by Carolle Jean Murat

Book cover: An Extraordinary Theory of Objects by Stephanie Lacava







Book cover: The Sign of the Weeping Virgin by Alana White

Gifted/Swapped/Purchased

Book cover: Pemberley Ranch by Jack Caldwell Book cover: The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe

Book cover: The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa Book cover: Burnt Shadows by Kamila Shamsie

Many, many thanks to Marie at Burton Book Review for kindly swapping the above books!

Book cover: The First Four Notes by Matthew Guerrieri

So excited my friend Matthew's book has been released! He kindly gifted my wife and I with a copy and included a playlist!


16 comments:

  1. The year is flying by! We got a couple of the same books. It'll be hard to decide which one to read first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great looking books this week! I received a copy of The Raven's Heart too. Here’s my Mailbox Monday Post... Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't get it - what do you mean, it's not August?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a great mailbox. I also received The Raven's Heart and Summerset Abbey. Can't wait to hear what you think of all your new acquisitions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm only familiar with the last (3) which I've read and for the most part enjoyed. Sorry I haven't been able to comment much as I've really been busy and sadly putting minimal effort into blogging. Hope you are enjoying your day Audra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a haul this week - I bet you're going to have trouble deciding which book to pick up first!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so jealous of Shadow on the Crown! The Raven's Heart sounds good too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope you enjoy The Beggar's Opera: look forward to seeing your review! (Talk about a dream job!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time is flying, and I've got The Ghost Runner as well. I also read the first part of the series by Richmond and enjoyed it. I hope you enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous mailbox Enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've got The Raven's Heart and am looking forward to it. Considering Summerset Abbey myself, I don't blame you for wanting to read it! A very eclectic collection as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's a fantastic mailbox! I hope you find Pemberley Ranch as much fun as I did. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great book haul this week! I'm off to goodreads to check them out. :)
    It's tough in this last month or so to figure out what you want to read before the year is over, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Fat Man looks funny, and I'm jealous of the Nicola Upson book. I read Two for Sorrow last year and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jesse Blackadder is the perfect author name for that style of cover.

    Shadow on the Crown. That cover is GORGEOUS. Do I even care what this is about. Mayhaps not.

    Summerset Abbey: The Downton fan in me is crying out for this one, but I'm waiting to see if it's good.

    Roses Have Thorns: *snorts*

    Brain on Fire: *shivers*

    The Ruining: Waiting to see reviews on this one too.

    How to Tame a Willful Wife: O_o Is this your thing?

    The Sinners and the Sea: I can't take religious books. Good luck.

    Nobody's Secret: This one intrigues me.

    Forever a Lord: Oh, romance covers. Endless entertainment.

    Thorn Abbey: So funny that you got this one!

    Fear in the Sunlight: Josephine Tey and Alfred Hitchcock in a mystery?!?!?! O_O That sounds EPIC.

    ReplyDelete