Sunday, October 21, 2012

Mailbox Monday, Oct 22

Gorgeous autumn weather, lots of new books -- can a girl be any happier? (Well, I suppose if I were paid to read, then I would be the happiest, but let's be real!) This week's Mailbox Monday is full of awesome arrivals -- another wide range of genres and more fabu eye candy!

What did you get this week?

For Review

Book cover: Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver

Book cover: The Dinner by Herman Koch Book cover: A constellation of vital phenomena by Anthony Marra

Book cover: Elders by Ryan McIlvain Book cover: The Lady and Her Monsters by Roseanne Montillo

Book cover: The Love Object by Edna O'Brien Book cover: The Lincoln Conspiracy by Timothy L. O'Brien

Book cover: The Demonologist by Andrew Pyper Book cover: Iconic Spirits by Mark Spivak

Book cover: Auraria by Tim Westover Book cover: How the French Invented Love by Marilyn Yalom

Gifted/Swapped/Purchased

Book cover: Who Fears Death by Nnedi Okarafor

14 comments:

  1. Very nice eclectic mix of books! How the French Invented Love sounds intriguing. I gave Auraria a try but had a hard time getting into it. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got lots of great looking books! Elders piques my interest. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These books look incredible! I particularly like the looks of "The Lady and Her Monsters!" Putting that on the Goodreads TBR...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I eyed a few of those, and added a few more to my wish list --enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually haven't seen any of these, so I look forward to seeing what you think of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a haul. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, nice to meet you. I am one of your newest members to your blog and I noticed that we share a love of historical fiction. I will be keeping up with your blog and hope you will join me at mine:

    girllostinabook.blogspot.com

    Hope to see you there. Happy reading.
    Kimberlee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Interested to see if A Constellation of Vital Phenomena is any good. Love the cover and the blurb has me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks a good eclectic mix! No books last week for me, though I've enough already for this month, so kind of glad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I got McEwan's new one, Sweet Tooth!

    I also have Flight Behavior and The Dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Lady and Her Monsters sounds freaky and fascinating. Two of my favorite things in a book! The others look wonderful as well. You had a very bountiful mailbox this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Dinner sounds intriguing and interesting, it is on my watch list.

    ReplyDelete
  13. First time I've seen the Anthony Marra title, sounds very moving - enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Things I feel compelled to say:
    Flight Behavior: I'm on that tour too. *fist bumps*
    The Dinner: "Don't touch the plate. It's hot."
    Elders: Mormons?
    The Lady and Her Monsters: This one wins for most appealing cover this week. I am highly curious about this now.
    The Love Object: I've been wanting to read Edna O'Brien.

    ReplyDelete