Friday, August 31, 2012

Friday Reads and ignoring my queue

Sooooooooooooooooooooo excited for the long weekend (sorry non-USians who don't get Monday off!).  I'm still working my way through Tarzan, but have started Fires of London by Janice Law, historical murder mystery set it World War II London, and The Other Half of Me by Morgan McCarthy which seems a bit English-y and moody and dysfunctional family-y. Yum!

I'm all messed up in my review queue because I started two non-queue books because, I don't know, I'm crazy and they were good and .... yeah.  Just finished Maryanne O'Hara's Cascade -- unghfughhhhhh, amazing/good/bittersweet. Am still working on words for that one. 

The other surprise was Kimberly Brock's The River Witch -- a contemporary Southern fic that hooked me with the moodiness and lovely characters.  Two great reads but as a result, I've got to scramble this weekend to write reviews for the books I'm scheduled to review.  Oops!

So, what are you reading this weekend?

8 comments:

  1. I can't remember the last time I was on schedule - I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you!! If I didn't schedule myself I think I'd never get reviews posted. On my own timeline I kind of forget...

      Delete
  2. Just finished Maryanne O'Hara's Cascade -- unghfughhhhhh, amazing/good/bittersweet. Am still working on words for that one.

    RIGHT? It was excellent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't shake it -- don't want to!

      Delete
    2. I'm so glad you both enjoyed Cascade too!

      Delete
  3. Wow, Cascade sounds like something I need to be reading. I'm reading some fluffy memoir from Kim Zimmer of Guiding Light! I probably should be reading Siren of Paris, but I'm really not looking forward to that at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm reading ELZA'S KITCHEN, the new one from Marc Fitten, and THE INQUISITORY, a weird book from Dalkey Archive that's just a big long conversation between two people- a police inspector and a servant at a big mansion. Your books sound fun! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just added Cascade because that cover is fantastic AND you liked it. WANT.

    ReplyDelete