Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mailbox Monday, Jan 23

Seen both at Mailbox Monday -- hosted in January at At Home With Books -- and The Story Siren, my Mailbox Monday/In My Mailbox.

This isn't Mailbox Monday related, but I had to share a photo from my wife's birthday yesterday.  The shark-themed party was a smashing success -- check out the birthday cake that our bestie Natalie made for her! She's not a trained baker but she still made an incredible cake that was delicious and amazing!



For Review



Dust to Dust by Benjamin Busch
Blue Monday by Nicci French


11 comments:

  1. Heh. That is a rockin cake, and I love it! The blood trickling down the mouth is excellent! Glad the party was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cake! very cool! And by the way I read Blue Monday and it's very scary! :--)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! Love that cake! My birthday is coming up, but I doubt anyone I know has the skills to pull that off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you got a couple of good books...and what a great birthday cake and the blue punch...it looks like the ocean is swirling.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cake is perfect... and the punch! Did she like it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That cake is so cool! And the books sounds good too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the cake! I was reading your post and my 8 y.o. leaned over and said, what's that? "Shark cake!" I said, and now he's got specific plans for his birthday in the spring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha! As someone who is unusually skittish about most (read: all) things, the shark cake would scare me. But it's definitely awesome, too. :) Happy belated birthday to your wife!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one awesome cake! Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad the party was a a success. That is an awesome cake!

    ReplyDelete