Sunday, January 29, 2012

Immigrant Stories Reading Challenge


Books in the City
I'm drawn to immigrant stories so I'm surprised I didn't jump on this challenge last year. Regardless, I'm psyched to join the Immigrant Stories Reading Challenge this year. As usual, I'm playing it safe by committing to:

Just off the boat: 1-3 books

But I bet I can reach this easily. (Bold words, I know!)

Read

DeAnna Cameron, Dancing at the Chance
Angela Davis-Gardner, Butterfly’s Child
Lawrence Durrell, Judith 
Alex Gilvarry, From the Memoirs of a Non-Enemy Combatant
Carolle Jean-Murat, Voodoo in My Blood: A Healer's Journey From Surgeon to Shaman
Sheila Kohler, The Bay of Foxes
Kathryn Harrison, Enchantments
Giles Kristian, Blood Eye (Raven, Book 1)
Stephanie LaCava, An Extraordinary Theory of Objects: A Memoir of an Outsider in Paris
Anouk Markovits, I Am Forbidden
Sarah McCoy, The Baker’s Daughter
Timothy L. O'Brien, The Lincoln Conspiracy
Emily Perkins, The Forrests
Michel Stone, The Iguana Tree
Saima Wahab, In My Father’s Country: An Afghan Woman Defies Her Fate

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you have joined the challenged! I look forward to seeing what you read for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. A challenge to contemplate joining!

    ReplyDelete