Friday, December 30, 2011

Friday Reads and I'm all messed up...

I'm operating on vacation time, which means I've no idea what day of the week it is, what the date is, and I can barely keep track of time (East Coast vs West coast because I've only changed half the clocks in my life). But I'm having a fabulous time! My vacation plans got all changed once my wife and I reached San Francisco -- my brother and his wife decided to join us for these two weeks, so we scrapped some of LA and will be hitting other towns instead. I love trips like this, and I'm thrilled to spend time with my brother and his awesome wife and adorable children.

My FridayReads is The Imaginary Emperor: A Tale of Old San Francisco by Steve Bartholomew, a historical novel inspired by the man who, in real life, declared himself emperor in 1859.  Isn't that just so California?

Happy New Year's to everyone.  We'll be celebrating quietly this weekend as my wife  will be running a half marathon on New Year's day.  What a crazy woman!  I plan to cheer as she takes off then settle in with a book!

What are you reading this Friday?  Any ambitious New Year's plans?


8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic New Year's! Enjoy your family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you and your wife, Audra! I look forward to another blogging year with you in 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol, I know the feeling! I have no idea what day it is anymore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Vacationing and Happy New Year, Audra! Sounds like a great book to read while driving the California Coast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am reading Let the Right One In, a very creepy and disturbing Swedish vampire story, and will be celebrating the new year by eating mega nachos and ice cream sundaes with my family and my best friend. It's going to be a glorious evening!!
    Have a great time over there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you've had a fabulous vacation. Love the notion of someone declaring himself emperor... almost makes you want to go out and declare yourself something, doesn't it? why not? Happy New Year, Audra!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am all messed up too after being off for two weeks. Back to work tomorrow though.

    Hey, you had some nice weather when you came down. It is like 82 right now in So Cal!

    ReplyDelete