Sunday, November 27, 2011

Mailbox Monday, November 28

Seen both at Mailbox Monday -- hosted in December at Let Them Read Books -- and The Story Siren, my Mailbox Monday/In My Mailbox on a Sunday, as usual. Shaking off my post-holiday binge (and no, it wasn't the turkey that did me in!), I'm pretty delighted by my most recent arrivals. Have you read any of these?  What did you get?


For Review



Island of Wings by Karin Altenberg
The King's Agent by Donna Russo Morin
The Western Lit Survival Kit: An Irreverent Guide to the Classics, from Homer to Faulkner by Sandra Newman

Won



Arcadia by Lauren Groff, thanks to the publisher

11 comments:

  1. Island of Wings sounds like a novel I'd enjoy. I look forward to your review.

    I'm also looking forward to your thoughts on The King's Agent. I've never read any of Russo Morin's books, but I've heard good things about them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Melissa: Both books intrigue me -- I too have heard great things about Ruuso Morin -- I hope I'm not disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff in here today! I have a copy of Arcadia too, and I can't wait to see what I think of it! Enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The King's Agent sounds good. Haven't read her previous book but I've heard good things about her. I'm pretty sure I've seen Island of Wings before but I'm not sure. It's sounds very interestimg though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like the look of Morin's book :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found Arcadia in my mailbox, too, this week! I was so excited - utopias, intentional societies, communes, etc. are things I love to study - especially as this is the second ARC related to these that I've snagged in the past month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Susie: I'll look for your review of this -- what's the other ARC you got? Have you read Drop City by ... T.C. Boyle (I think)?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you got some great books. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read Island of Wings - you'll like it very much. And I've got Donna Russo's latest book on my reading list too. So it will be fun to compare notes and see what you think of the books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your review books are all new to me. Island of Wings sounds very good, interesting, The King's Agent, too.

    Arcadia sounds terrific, I'm looking forward to your thoughts about it!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Island of Wings sounds good. Hope you enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete