Sunday, November 6, 2011

Mailbox Monday, Nov 7

Seen both at Mailbox Monday and The Story Siren, my Mailbox Monday/In My Mailbox on a Sunday, as usual. I whined about my tiresome week on Friday but I'm happy to say things have gotten better, hooray! All the fabulous books I got helped. Super excited about these new arrivals. Have you read any of these?  What did you get?

For Review




The Doll: The Lost Short Stories by Daphne du Maurier
The Printmaker's Daughter: A Novel by Katherine Govier
Bridge of Scarlet Leaves by Kristina McMorris
Mozart's Last Aria: A Novel by Matt Rees
The Personal History of Rachel DuPree by Ann Weisgarber

Won



Wildflower Hill by Kimberley Freeman, thanks to Raging Bibliomania!

Purchased/Swapped/Gifted



Tarot for Writers by Corrine Kenner
The Sisters Brothers by Patrick deWitt (thanks Books, Personally!)

12 comments:

  1. I am reading Mozart's Last Aria right now, and am finding it strangely gripping. It's a great meld of historical fiction and mystery. The books in your mailbox this week are very similar to the ones in mine, and even your purchased items are books that I have recently bought! Are we reading twins? Perhaps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved The Personal History of Rachel DuPree! I also really liked The Sisters Brothers and have been surprised how much it has stayed with me. I'll be reading The Printmaker's Daughter too and am looking forward to it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mozart's Last Aria is definitely one I wish to read... looking forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mailbox, Audra. I'm looking forward to all of your reviews.

    I hope you enjoy Wildflower Hill as much as I did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially want to read Rachel Dupree and The Brothers Sister. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't read anything by Daphne du Maurier but The Doll: The Lost Short Stories sounds good. The Printmaker's Daughter sounds good too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can see that the Print M is going around, I am intrigued

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mozart's Aria is on my tbr wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read The Personal History of Rachel Dupree and Wildflower Hill. Both are highly recommended. I'd love Mozart's Aria and Doll. I'll put it on my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Didn't get much this week. I have Wildflower Hill to review. Excited about that!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so jealous over The Doll! I've been seeing it around and think it looks great (well, hey all of your new loot look great - just look at those awesome cover designs.)Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so looking forward to your review of Mozart's Last Arai. Bridge of Scarlet Leaves looks good, too. Enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete