Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mailbox Monday, Sept 19

Seen both at Mailbox Monday (hosted in September at Amused By Books) and The Story Siren, my Mailbox Monday/In My Mailbox on a stuck-in-bed-with-a-cold Sunday.   Read any of these?  What did you get?


For Review




The Imaginary Emperor: A Tale of Old San Francisco by Steve Bartholomew
Maman's Homesick Pie by Donia Bijan
Irrepressible: The Life and Times of Jessica Mitford by Leslie Brody
India Black and the Widow of Windsor (Madam of Espionage Mysteries #2) by Carol K. Carr
English Lessons by Jack Ewing
Dakota, Or What's a Heaven For by Brenda K. Marshall
Jane Austen Made Me Do It: Original Stories Inspired by Literature's Most Astute Observer of the Human Heart edited by Laurel Ann Nattress
The Luminist: A Novel by David Rocklin

Won



Revival: A Folk Music Novel by Scott Alarik, thanks to The Bowed Bookshelf
Russian Roulette by Mike Faricy, thanks to vvb32 reads
Cleopatra: A Life by Stacy Schiff, thanks to Little, Brown and Co Twitter giveaway


Purchased/Swap



Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

14 comments:

  1. Wow! That's quite the mailbox, Audra. Looking forward to your thoughts on Jane Austen Made Me Do It.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lovely stuff! I'm actually about to start Tiffany's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Melissa: I know, right? I'm looking for to all my reads.

    @Iwriteinbooks: I hope you like it -- it's one of my all-time favorite books (it's waaaay darker than the movie, which I love!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!!! I love the Mitford sisters, so I definitely need to check out Irrepressible. I bought Cleopatra a few months ago and was really excited about it but I haven't had a chance to actually read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lola: Me too -- they're so crazy/fascinating -- I love Jessica and I'm rereading her journalism -- so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm jealous! The new India Black AND Jane Austen Made Me Do It?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Farin: I'm jealous of myself! ;) I'm soooo excited about these arrivals!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the Austen one from netgalley :) The rest are new to me

    ReplyDelete
  9. You got India Black. I'm so jealous! Can't wait to read your review! I have Cleopatra but haven't read it yet.
    Hope you enjoy all your books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see what you think of Cleopatra...she's always fascinated me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fabulous mailbox. I can't even begin to see what is my top favourite! so many good ones here.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm waiting patiently (or trying to be patient) for Jane Austen Made Me Do It. Enjoy all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, what a mailbox! Jane Austen made me do it looks interesting. I look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, that is quite the stack of books this week. I wouldn't mind reading Jane Austen Made me Do It. Hope you enjoy all these goodies!

    ReplyDelete