Sunday, July 17, 2011

Mailbox Monday, July 17


Seen both at The Printed Page (hosted in July at A Sea of Books) and The Story Siren, my Mailbox Monday/In My Mailbox...on a Sunday!  I've got a crazy review week ahead of me so I'm doing my mailbox today.  Lots of fascinating books to review plus some guilty pleasure purchases!  Read any of these?  What did you get?




For Review




Cocktail Hour Under the Tree of Forgetfulness by Alexandra Fuller
The American Heiress by Daisy Goodwin
The Magicians by Lev Grossman
The Magician King by Lev Grossman
The Twelfth Enchantment: A Novel by David Liss
Eromenos by Melanie J. McDonald
The Homecoming of Samuel Lake: A Novel by Jenny Wingfield


Purchased/Swapped



A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray
Rebel Angels by Libba Bray
The Sweet Far Thing by Libba Bray
Bedelia by Vera Caspary (an original hardcover from 1945!)

15 comments:

  1. I'm reading The Magicians at the moment in preparaton to review The Magician King.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, me too! I'm looking forward to starting it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The American Heiress sounds good. Haven't read any Libba Bray books and I'm curious to hear what you think of those.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool :) I'd like to try those Grossman books

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul, Audra. I'm enjoying the Libba Bray books (still have to read the third book in the trilogy), and really like The Magician's so I'm glad book two is now out (or soon will be).

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the title of the Fuller book! I liked the Libba Bray trilogy. I still need to read her other books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great bunch of books...happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A nice fat mailbox. Enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm interested to see what you think of Bray's A Great and Terrible Beauty. I liked the first two well enough but never sought out the final one.

    Also, The Twelfth Enchantment and Eromenos hooked my by covers alone!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The covers in this mailbox are gorgeous, aren't they? I'm smitten with them.

    Jessie and and Melissa -- I too have read the first two but not this last one -- I figured I could do a reread sometime soon. I'm curious to see how the trilogy shakes out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Mailbox! I've been wanting to read that Libba Bray series. re: Forever by Stiefvater--I was very disappointed :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of great looking books! The title of Cocktail Hour Under the Tree of Forgetfulness made me laugh! I hope the book's as good as the title!

    ReplyDelete
  13. @Jenny Q: Nooooo! That breaks my heart! Maybe I'll put off reading it for a while rather than rushing it in my queue.

    @Kathy: I know, me too. It's a memoir from the Happy Valley-era in Kenya, if I recall correctly -- promises to be lush, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Audra, you got a great mix last week. Hope they are all awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all new to me, so I'm really looking forward to your reviews. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete