Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Teaser Tuesday, May 10

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

- Grab your current read & open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page (be careful not to include spoilers!)
- Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers

My teaser this week comes from The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen.  My review copy came with one of the Yankee Candle limited edition votives so everything was nice and peach-y scented.  This is my first time reading Sarah Addison Allen but I know many people who get swoon-y over her -- and now I know why!  I'm so loving this novel: the characters are charming and the set up is engaging and the dreamy, slightly magical plot line is otherworldly and believable.  Picking a teaser was a challenge, but I decided to go with this small snippet from the beginning of the book, in which our heroine Willa is being teased/challenged by her 20-something employee, Rachel.

Rachel threw her hands in the air.  "I give up.  Do you want some coffee?"

"Yes," Willa said, glad for the end of this conversation.  "Soy milk and two sugars."  Just this past week, Rachel had become convinced that how people took their coffee gave some secret insight into their characters.  Were people who took their coffee black unyielding?  Did people who liked their coffee with milk and no sugar have mother issues?  She had a notebook behind the coffee counter in which she wrote her findings.  Willa decided to keep her on her toes by making up a different request each day.

6 comments:

  1. This one is on my wishlist! I'm one who has never read her, though I've heard good things and I really need to correct that! Plus this cover is gorgeous!

    Great teaser Audra! Glad you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Audra--that is a sweet teaser--I have been seeing this book and believe it is time to read it! I hope all is well with you! Take care, Dee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been hearing such great things about this book, and it's already on my wish list. I hope that you enjoy it, and I look forward to reading your thoughts on it when you are done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read this author. I requested an ARC, but I didn't get it :( It does sound very charming! Here's my teaser. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Amy - She was new to me as well but now I can see why people adore her. My full review tomorrow!

    @Dee - It's a wonderful, fast read!

    @Zibilee - It really is that good. My review posts tomorrow!

    @Lady Q - I'm giving away a copy tomorrow! ;) It's super cute and v sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny teaser! I like how she's going to "keep her on her toes" by changing how she has her coffee.

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/05/teaser-tuesdays_10.html

    ReplyDelete