Monday, May 9, 2011

In My Mailbox Monday, May 9

Seen both at The Printed Page (hosted in May at MariReads) and The Story Siren, my Mailbox Monday/In My Mailbox (technically Sunday).  What did you get?  Planning to read any of these?



For Review



When We Danced On Water by Evan Fallenberg
Ashes of the Earth by Eliot Pattison

Won





Three pack of Lois Duncan re-issues -- Down a Dark Hall, Stranger With My Face, Summer of Fear -- thanks to the Abbott Gran Medicine Show
The Bird Sisters by Rebecca Rasmussen, thanks to Read It Forward


Purchased



Berlin Noir by Philip Kerr
The One From the Other by Philip Kerr
 A Quiet Flame by Philip Kerr
The Secret History of Moscow by Ekaterina Sedia

I went uncharacteristically nuts on this: I got March Violets from the library which my wife started and loved.  So I decided to get the first three books as a surprise and then found all five for cheap and, well, am totally the heroine for the month!

13 comments:

  1. Great mailbox! I'm looking forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of many of these books, but some of those covers are really intriguing! I am going to be looking forward to your thoughts on all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you had a great week in books! I've heard The Bird Sisters is fantastic! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am planning to read The Bird Sisters. Many of your other titles are new to me and I will be checking them out. I hope they are all enjoyable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have When We Danced on Water, too, and am jealous about The Bird Sisters. ;) Looking forward to your reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashes of the Earth catches my eye, and The Bird Sisters is on my wishlist! Enjoy all of those new books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got great books! A Quiet Flame sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. totally interested in the last batch you mention, kerr and sedia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your books! I really liked The Bird Sisters :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never read (or even heard of?) Lois Duncan, but I LOVE those covers! They remind me of those new covers on the Penguin Classics. So striking.

    ReplyDelete