Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Armchair BEA Interview with Teresa of Teresa's Reading Corner

I'm so excited to share my Armchair BEA interview with Teresa of Teresa's Reading Corner, a blogger I've read for a quite a while and like greatly.  You can learn a little more about Teresa by reading her Armchair BEA intro, or just read on!

What's your favorite article of clothing? 
My favorite is probably my Lucky Brand Easy Rider Jeans. They are so comfortable and still look polished.

What was the oddest/weirdest/most fabulous thing you wanted to do 'when you grew up'?
Hmmm that is a really tough question, especially since I haven't grown up yet. I'd say that the most fabulous thing I've done as an adult is moving to Colorado. I love it here and am so glad that I did it.

According to your bio, you 'dabble' in cooking. What's your favorite thing to cook?
I try a lot of odd things. One of my biggest battles is finding the perfect pulled pork recipe. I came close with a green chile pulled pork that was fantastic for burritos. It was so simple. I seasoned with salt and pepper and a little habanero powder then browned all sides of my roast. I threw it in the crock pot with a little apple juice and a couple of cans of diced green chiles. Let it cook all day while at work. It was so tender and flavorful.

You've been given a paid three-week getaway to anywhere in the world. Where would you go and who would you take? 
I've read a lot of great books set in Italy and would love to go. I'd take my husband and my son with me. Maybe a friend to help take care of the little one so husband and I could enjoy some couple time.

You have to turn a book into an ice cream flavor. What book do you choose, and what does it taste like?
Oh no! Could I keep the book instead? There is a local ice cream shop that makes a divine cappuccino cookies and cream ice cream that I would love to enjoy. I haven't had any for a couple of years. As far as the book...Possibly Pulled by Amy Lichtenham. This book was equal parts sweet and crunchy.

If you could spontaneously read and understand another language, what would it be, and who is the first author you'd read in that language? 
Some of my favorite authors have been sharing their covers as the rights have been sold in other countries. I loved The Violets of March by Sarah Jio and the covers she's shown have been beautiful. I've also really liked some of the covers that have been revealed for Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown. I'd pick up either one of those in another language.

When you aren't reading and blogging, what do you like to do?
Much of my free time is spent with my husband and my son. I used to be an avid mountain biker and I'd love to get back into it. It is so much fun to tackle some of the rough terrain and the feeling of accomplishment after finishing a ride is like nothing else.

Which do you fear more: public speaking or heights? Have an experience with either?
Heights. As an introvert, public speaking is difficult for me. I've had jobs that required me to speak in front of groups of people so I'm a bit more comfortable with it. I've done some hiking in the mountains and while the scene at the top is absolutely beautiful, I make sure to stay well away from the ledge. No thrill of looking down for me.

And finally, describe your perfect reading room/situation. 
Just like many readers I would love to have a home library. It doesn't have to be super big. It would have a fireplace to keep warm on the chilly winter days/nights. It has wood floors and solid wood shelves lining the walls. It also has a big antique table to sit at and a nice chaise to relax on. I would keep hard copies of all of my favorite books.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for hosting me this morning. The interview was a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great questions and answers.... esp. love the "equal parts sweet and crunchy" answer to the ice cream-book question. That one will leave me thinking all day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audra, you always ask the most delightful questions of your interview subjects, ensuring the introductions are never rote :-) And Teresa, like the previous commenter I, too, was captivated by your ice cream comparison. I am going to have to look up Lichtenham's book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with this idea of interviewing bloggers and you, my friend, ask some of the most original questions I've ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete