Monday, February 21, 2011

In My Mailbox Monday, Feb 21

Seen both at The Printed Page (hosted in Feb at Library of Clean Reads) and The Story Siren, my Mailbox Monday/In My Mailbox for the second part of Feb.  Read anything I got?  What did you get?


For Review!



Angelology by Danielle Trussoni
The Beauty of Humanity Movement by Camilla Gibb

Won!



Dust (Jacob's Ladder #1) by Elizabeth Bear, thanks to vvb32 Reads  
Kiss of the Rose (Tudor Vampire Chronicles #1) by Kate Pearce with some very awesome swag, thanks to Book Lovers, Inc.
Madame Tussaud: A Novel of the French Revolution by Michelle Moran, thanks to Read It Forward
Mr. Bishop and the Actress by Janet Mullany, thanks to Risky Regencies

Acquired!



There was a book swap/giveaway at work. In reality, I walked away with an obscene haul but these were the particular gems I'm excited about!

The Muse of the Revolution: The Secret Pen of Mercy Otis Warren and the Founding of a Nation by Nancy Rubin Stuart
Sex and the Eighteenth-Century Man: Massachusetts and the History of Sexuality in America by Thomas A. Foster

15 comments:

  1. A fanstastic pile of books! They all look very interesting. Happy reading :)
    Check out what's In My Mailbox

    Mia @GrippedintoBooks

    ReplyDelete
  2. My oh my that's a great selection of books, and what a great win!
    Mr. Bishop and the actress sounds particularly interesting to me, and the bookswap books are sort of timely for today, Washington's Birthday :)
    Hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woe, winning streak :D I hope you will enjoy M Tussaud

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got Madame Tussaud! I was eyeballing this in B&N the other day but promised myself no hardcovers this year. The last 2 look really interesting also. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/mailbox-monday-shes-all-that.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. @TheBookGirl: I'm really looking forward to Mr Bishop -- the set up sounds great and the author is one whose blog I really enjoy -- which I think bodes well!

    @Blodeuedd & Holly: I can't wait for my Mme Tussaud -- it looks so good. I've got it in paperback and will be giving away my copy with my review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, congratulations on all the great wins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, seriously! I've been home sick for the last week and just when my post-Xmas blues really set in, I got this glut of awesome books!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Beauty Of Humanity Movement is a book I had not heard of until you posted this. I looked it up and found out it is set in Vietnam. This one goes onto my must-read list, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Danielle -- doesn't it look so good??? My review for it will be posted March 23rd -- I can't wait to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. For anyone on GoodReads, The Beauty of Humanity Movement is avail via their giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angelology sounds good! I won Madame Tussaud too but haven't gotten it yet. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic pile! I'll look forward to your reviews of Angelology and the new Camilla Gibb. Both sound intriguing to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice gets and wins! I'm reading Madam Tussaud right now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. mmm, i like your mailbox this week. i'm curious about the 18th century men in MA...

    ReplyDelete