Friday, February 18, 2011

Book Beginnings, Feb 18

Book Beginnings is a meme by A Few More Pages.  The meme is simple: share the first line of the book you're currently reading and what your impression was after reading it!

This week's book is The King's Daughter by Christie Dickason.  Great start -- I'm already hooked -- and I promise, in the last sentence, I've typed exactly what is there, including 'wilful' (which looks wrong to me and spell check keeps flagging!). 

Today, I learned what I am for.  I think that the information has always been there, but I've chosen to ignore it.  Then, this morning, when the Duc de Bouillon looked me up and down and allowed that I was indeed 'handsome enough', my grip on wilful ignorance began to slip.

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting! And, yes, 'wilful' does look wrong and my spell check just underlined it as not correct.

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2011/02/book-beginnings-on-friday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a devastating beginning. I feel bad for that poor girl...

    Thanks for participating in Book Beginnings!

    ReplyDelete