Monday, January 24, 2011

In My Mailbox Monday, Jan 24

Seen both at The Printed Page (hosted in Jan at Rose City Reader) and The Story Siren, my Mailbox Monday/In My Mailbox for January.  Many arrived while I was away on holiday so just when I was having my post-vacation blues, I got a few treats!  (I'm a very lucky girl!)

Have you ready any of these?  What did you get?

Won!






   Murder at Mansfield Park, thanks to Austenprose
Child of the Northern Spring, thanks to Debbie's Book Bag
Prelude to a Scandal and Once Upon a Scandal, thanks to the marvelous Delilah Marvelle

For Review!



13, rue Thérèse by Elena Mauli Shapiro. I just have to say I am giddy at reading this one -- thumbing through it was I reminded of Barbara Hodgson.  There's some kind of internet secret code thing that the published edition will have that goes along with the story.  Historical plus pretty plus scavenger hunt equals win.

The Oracle of Stamboul: A Novel by Michael David Lukas.  Not only do I want to run away to Turkey now after my visit there (seriously, I had to be dragged back onto the boat), this is also a very pretty book packaging thing that utterly seduced me.  I don't know if the copies sold in bookstores will appear this way, but my review copy came wrapped in a kind of purple paper box thing that makes it especially intriguing.
 
 Unknown!



Boxer, Beetle by Ned Beauman.  This was one of the many packages that was waiting for me upon my return.  However, I have no idea where it came from.  It was mailed from Sweden, without a note or cover letter!  I've searched my email and can't find any reference to it, so...mystery!  It looks very crazy and weird and it's arrival seems to fit it's plot!

11 comments:

  1. Murder at Mansfield Park sounds really good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Murder at Mansfield Park sounds good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read 13 rue Therese last week. Very different book - I found it hard to put down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anna -- I'm so excited for it as I need some lighter reading after the heavies I've got queued up

    @ Mary -- It really looks so unique and interesting! I can't wait to start it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I'm really looking forward to 13 rue Therese! I'll look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great mailbox! Enjoy the books you won :)

    You can find my post here:
    Quick Quotes Quills

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great assortment of books! I have 13 rue Therese too. I didn't know about the scavenger hunt. Now I am even more intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Beth - my ARC has a little note on the back (or near the end, I forget) telling me that all the blank pages are for the internet codes or clues or whatever -- so sadly, I don't know what that content is like but it seems v promising!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope boxer beetle is crazy weird like you think. that would be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Murder at Mansfield Park and Child of the Northern Spring both look great. I promised myself I wouldn't read any of the Jane Austen inspired books til I've read all of her work but there are some really good ones out there to tempt me. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on your wins! It looks like you have some fun romances in your future. :) Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete