Monday, November 22, 2010

What are you reading, Nov 22

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading, is where we gather to share what we have read this past week and what we plan to read this week. It is a great way to network with other bloggers, see some wonderful blogs, and put new titles on your reading list. Hosted by Sheila @ Book Journey.

After the last few unsatisfying reads, I'm pretty happily settled with a few tasty books:

India Black by Carol K. Carr.  From the first page I literally wanted India Black, the narrator and heroine, to be my BFF.  The opening is fantastic (I'll share a teaser tomorrow!) and so far the story is fun and fast and engrossing.  I am completely overtired at work today thanks to this book (staying up too late to keep reading!).




Valley of Dry Bones (Medieval Mystery #7) by Priscilla Royal.  As the parenthetical sub-title explains, it's a medieval mystery.  I didn't realize it was seventh in a series but I'm not feeling lost in the slightest.  It's a fast read -- I'll probably finish later this week.



Prelude to a Scandal (Scandal #1) by Delilah Marvelle.  Not my usual type of read but the set up kind of intrigued me (sex addiction in Regency England).  So far, it's fun, but I'm a little nervous that everything will be wrapped up thanks to the-love-of-a-good-woman.









All historicals, I just realized!  I have a ton of contemporary fiction in my future, so apparently I'm just going to swing between extremes!

So, what are you reading?

16 comments:

  1. That's a great recommendation for India Black. I love finding books with characters that I want to spend more time with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sex addiction in regency England, well that is something new..though all those rakes surely were addicts but still ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Heather: I'm dying to share my teaser from it -- the narrator's voice is wry and dry but feels real -- not anachronistically tough or anything.

    @Blodeuedd: That's kind of what I thought, too, which is why I was so intrigued by the premise that would basically call a spade a spade. I'm v curious to see where the author goes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I'm definitely going to have to read your review of India Black. Haven't heard of it until now, and you make it sound so good so far.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great books. I got a couple for my TBR --thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of India Black, but I like the sound of it. Great you've found a new friend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those books sound really great especially the medieval mystery one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to hear about books that cause one to stay up late to keep reading. Have a great reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all look great and I'm a huge fan of historical fiction...ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too am a fan of historical fiction, these look great!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All these books look great especially Prelude to a scandal.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am interested in Prelude to a Scandal! I'm looking forward to your thoughts. Since I'm participating in a Christmas Reading Challenge, mine are decidedly Christmassy! Drop by http://www.sugarbeatsbooks.com and have a look.

    ReplyDelete
  13. great set of books. the medieval mystery one appeals. love the dress on the Prelude to a Scandal cover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Valley Of Dry Bones sounds interesting. Seventh? I am curious what came before this one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haven,t heard about those books before. The Medieval Mystery book sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm reading Poison Kissed by erica Hayes

    ReplyDelete