Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Teaser Tuesday, October 5

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

This week's teaser is from Tyger Tyger (Goblin Wars #1) by Kersten Hamilton, a paranormal YA that's growing on me. While I'm sort of 'eh' on the hero (Finn; other than being of mythical blood, he's rather unimpressive), I like the heroine (Teagan) and her very-adorable-and-preternaturally-clever younger brother (Aiden). He's such a charming character, in fact, I can forgive the precocious genius thing. Anyway, today's tease (which is more than two sentences, as usual!):

The man looked at the inner tube in Teagan's hand, then dropped Aiden beside the wagon and climbed up into the dumpster and started rooting through the contents. Aiden grabbed the wagon's handle and ran toward them as fast as he could over the bumpy alley ground.

"That freegan almost recycled me," he said, and started to cry.

Tegan picked him up and hugged him. She was still shaking inside and out.

"I'm
not a baby," Aiden sobbed.

"I was wrong to say it," Finn said. "I might cry, too, if that freegan had caught me. He was scary."

3 comments:

  1. I've seen this one on so many blogs (at various times). It sounds really good!

    Here's mine: http://myreadersblock.blogspot.com/2010/10/teaser-tuesday.html#comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I haven't heard of this series, but it sounds really good! Thanks for stopping by and have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete