Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Teaser Tuesday, Oct 12

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

- Grab your current read
- Open to a random page
- Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
- BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS!
- Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Moved, finally, and I even found some time to read (my earlier plan of reading all day Mon didn't come to fruition, sadly).  This week's teaser is from Gail Carriger's Blameless, which I'm enjoying more than Changeless (thankfully).

"Really, Genevieve, must you go for the eye?  It's so unsightly."  Monsieur Trouvé appeared to agree with Alexia's disgust.

"Only if you promise not to use a pun like that again."

13 comments:

  1. Hmmm very interesting! Doesn't sound good.
    Natalie :0)
    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Typical of Ms Carriger -- she's very quippy, which I love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed both the first two books in the series, and overall, all three books I really liked as well!
    Hope you do too..
    My teaser is very rich, mellow and delicious :)
    - Dee from e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Second teaser from Blameless I come across today! Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Dee: Your teaser was delicious! ;)

    @Lu: I'm relieved -- it's better than Changeless although not as good as Soulless, but such is life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been meaning to read this series! Great teaser and thank you for visiting mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my blog for Top Ten Tuesday and for "following" me. I was pretty tense about putting something so political on my book blog and then the first person that read it deleted their followship. Egads. I'm glad to know that I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice :) And may I just say, I love your name. So clever, simple, and memorable :)

    Thanks for visiting my TT :) and my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great teaser! Glad to know the third one is better than Changeless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. hee-hawwww, love gail's style! i better read changeless so's i can get to this book. boo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gail Carriger kicks butt!!!!!!! ;)~ nice teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Christina: Do it, do it! :)

    @Anne: My pleasure -- and I can appreciate your apprehension. That's too bad about the lost 'follow' -- I'll try to make up for it by commenting a lot! ;)

    @Juju: Thank you and thank you! Glad I found you (so to speak) -- and thanks for the GR friend request.

    @Lizzy: I'm writing the review now; it's not as fabulous as Soulless but it is miles ahead of Changeless (which is good in my eyes).

    @Velvet: I know, she makes me want to be British. Read Changeless stat; I'm curious to see how you feel about it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Audra :) Hope you took part in my contest :) It ends this week.

    ReplyDelete