Monday, October 25, 2010

Mailbox Monday, Oct 25

Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at The Printed Page but is currently on tour. For the month of October it will be hosted by Avis at She Reads and Reads.

Ohmygoodness, I've had an amazing mail week -- seriously, some absolutely drool-worthy goodies, and so many!  It's a bit like Christmas here -- I literally spread out the books around me on the bed so I could lay there and savor them.

Penelope's Daughter, won from The Burton ReviewLaurel Corona, the author, has been doing the circuit through many of the blogs I read, and I've just loved her humor and attitude in all her interviews.  I'm so excited to read this one! 


From Passages to the Past, I was so very lucky to win every book by Susan Holloway Scott.  Every one.  Last year, I read Royal Harlot and adored it-- it was the kind of historical novel that made me remember why I love the genre.  Through Ms Scott's writing, I knew Barbara Palmer, and I felt familiar with a historical era that was previously entirely unknown to me.  Needless to say, I am over the moon about this prize pack -- I didn't own Royal Harlot; and to have it and the rest of Ms Scott's books, well, I die.  As if all those books weren't an awesome enough prize, Ms Holloway signed each book and sent along bookmarks! 




And on Saturday, we stumbled across a rummage sale with a fabulous selection of barely read books, and I picked up a copy of Blindspot by Jane Kamensky & Jill Lepore.  I've never heard of it, but when I saw that it's set in Boston, I couldn't resist.  I also got Devil Water by Anya Seton, because I'm trying to own every single one of her novels!

13 comments:

  1. I love historical fiction. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penelope's Daughter sounds like a good read. Enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh you had a fabulous week! They all look scrumptuous! :) Happy reading and thanks for visiting The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, all Susan Holloway Scott books! I'm jealous :D Penelope's Daughter sounds good too. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, so glad you got the Susan Holloway Scott books - I'm sure that was one sweet package! I really loved Penelope's Daughter and I hope you enjoy it as well.

    HERE is my mailbox!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have had a winning spell. Penelope's Daughter and the others. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those all look fantastic! Congrats on your wins and happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's an awesome prize pack! Enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great mailbox. All of these sound terrific. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, what a great mailbox! I've heard lots of good things about Penelope's Daughter, and that prize pack sounds absolutely amazing. You are so lucky!

    - Emily @ Reading While Female

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a fabulous week you've had! Congrats on those wins and enjoy your haul!

    ReplyDelete
  12. @everyone -- it was an amazing way to start my week -- I'm practically envious of myself!

    ReplyDelete