Wednesday, September 1, 2010

WWW Wednesday: September 1


From Should Be Reading, WWW Wednesday!

I've had a breakneck week at work (moving offices!) and a myriad of personal life errands (dentist, passport, apartment hunting), so content has been thin the last few days and I've been very bad about visiting my usual blogs. Sorry!

* What are you currently reading?: None But You by Susan Kaye, which tells Persuasion from Capt. Wentworth's viewpoint. Wonderful so far, and only improved by my envisioning CiarĂ¡n Hinds as Wentworth.

* What did you recently finish reading?: Dracula In Love by Karen Essex, with mixed feelings. Ultimately, my enthusiasm for it still rages, but I was a mite disappointed at the end.

* What do you think you’ll read next?: Choices, choices! I forgot to do my Mailbox Monday, so I don't know if I should get my brag on about what arrived this week -- I might keep it a secret for next Monday's Mailbox. Needless to say, I'm swimming in so many options I don't know what to choose!

What are you all reading now?

8 comments:

  1. I'm about to dive into beta reading some novels for some fellow writers. Exciting stuff! Then I need to dig into my huge Goodreads TBR list! Good luck choosing yours. :)

    BTW, I just put Cinders in the mail for you yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle -- Oh, I'm so jealous -- insider sneak peek stuff! ;) Enjoy -- and thank you -- I am really so excited for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it not always nice when life get's in the way of reading a good book!

    My WWW is chock full of goodies I enjoyed

    nice to know you have lots of options though, will be curious to see the mailbox goodies next time!

    jackie ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Returning a favor and following as well. As what they all say, so many books so little time. :) I was suppose to buy Dracula in love because I got curious with the cover but now I'm having mixed emotions about it. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder what you'll read next!!

    I'm reading Before i Fall by Lauren Oliver :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck deciding what to read next! My WWW is at The Crowded Leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Greyz, I wish I could say yes or no definitively but alas, I have mixed feelings. Overall, I really adored Essex's reboot of the Dracula story, esp her focus on Victorian treatment of women, but I was soooooooooo cold on the romance element of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Jackie, Lu, and Alayne -- It's a pretty delicious decision, at least! :)

    ReplyDelete