Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Teaser Tuesday: 8/24

Teaser Tuesday hosted by Should Be Reading.

Oh, this week's teaser is So.Good. I literally opened my brand new copy of Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love so I've no idea the context of this teaser, but damn, I'm intrigued! It comes from the short piece 'Hare Moon' by Carrie Ryan.

Her hand shakes as she dips the pen into ink and holds it above the page. The printed words are impossible to decipher, tears trembling from her eyes and her body racked with sobs. And then she writes: There is always a choice. It is what makes us human. It is what separates us from the Unconsecrated. But that does not mean that choice cannot turn men into monsters. I have chosen survival over life.

1 comment:

  1. Wow...powerful teaser, I like it! I can't wait to read your review!

    Mine isn't quite so moving, but here is my Teaser Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete