Saturday, August 14, 2010

Reading Challenge: Support Your Local Library


This is a total no-brainer for me; nearly all the books I read in a year come from my local library. I am so all over this challenge! Hosted by Home Girl's Book Blog.

I'm going to aim for Just My Size – Check out and read 50 library books.

So far, as of 8/2010, I've read 7 books from my local library. (Eeek, I need to catch up!)


  1. Fay Weldon, She May Not Leave (5/5)
  2. Gail Carriger, Soulless (5/5)
  3. A.E. Moorat, Queen Victoria: Demon Hunter (5/5)
  4. Maggie Stiefvater, Shiver (5/5)
  5. Katharine McMahon, The Rose of Sebastopol (5/5)
  6. Julia Cameron, The Writing Diet: Write Yourself Right-Size (2/5)
  7. Gail Carriger, Changeless (3/5)
  8. Jane Austen, Persuasion (4/5)
  9. Karen Essex, Dracula In Love (3.5/5)
  10. Susan Kaye, None But You (5/5)
  11. Susan Kaye, For You Alone (5/5)
  12. Melanie Benjamin, Alice I Have Been (5/5)
  13. Gail Carriger, Blameless (4/5)
  14. Gary Shteyngart, Super Sad True Love Story (4/5)

6 comments:

  1. I've heard such good things about the Gail Carriger series, it's been on my list for a while and I just haven't tackled it yet. The new one is coming out soon so I think I need to get on that:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you really should -- I found Soulless laugh-out-loud funny and totally sexy. Such, such fun, and while I'm feeling cooler toward Changeless, it was still good. Carriger was just contracted to write two more books in the series, so I'm quite excited.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love getting books at the library. There's a certain... "drama" to it, methinks. Unfortunately my library sucks. They don't have a lot of stuff on their shelves. :( But good for you for doing the challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Vegetarian Cannibal (love the name!) -- I am blessed to be near a library that's part of a huge statewide library network, so I use Inter Library Loan like it's my job. Then it feels like shopping -- I 'order' books online and a week later they're at my local library! It's *heavenly*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My library doesn't participate in ILL for fiction, otherwise I might well have joined this challenge. I've probably read about 15 library books cover-to-cover so far this year, mostly fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Miss Moppet: That's too bad! Without ILL, I'm not sure I would have found enough at my local branch to get me through the year. It's never been as bad as when I lived on South Beach-- the branch library there only had diet books and self-help manuals!

    ReplyDelete