Monday, July 26, 2010

Books to movies

So Daniel Craig is playing Mikael Blomkvist in the American version of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. I'm pretty happy about the casting, which got me thinking about other book-to-movie translations that I liked and disliked.

Likes

The English Patient:
The Hours
Smilla's Sense of Snow

Dislikes

Possession: Ohmygod. The levels of wrong. I actually liked Gwyneth Paltrow as Maud but I was pretty cold about everything else. Well, to be fair, the casting wasn't as egregious for me as the

2 comments:

  1. I really like Narnia movie #1 I think is one of the best adaptations. Thanks for visiting Windowpane Memoirs ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle -- Ooh, good one. I actually got distracted mid posting this -- I should revisit this with my other thoughts. Especially since I'm all cranky about the further Girl With the Dragon Tattoo casting. :)

    ReplyDelete